About the CEC
The Cardinia Environment Coalition Inc (CEC) was formed in 1997 with the following purposes:
- Act as an umbrella organisation for local, environment groups
- Protect and enhance the natural environment of Cardinia Shire and district.
- Make representations to Cardinia Shire and relevant authorities on environmental issues.
- Be recipients of funding on environmental and Landcare matters.
- Provide community education on environmental issues.
- To establish and maintain a tax deductible public fund to be called the Biolinks Environment Fund for the specific purpose of supporting the environmental objects/purposes of Cardinia Environment Coalition.
The CEC represents over 25 local Landcare and Friends groups in the Casey, Cardinia and Baw Baw municipalities. The committee is made up of representatives from these groups. The following diagram demonstrates the 6 major port folio areas of the CEC:
By 2020 our catchment is an area where people live ecologically sustainably, aware that they are connected to their environment which is protected and enhanced by their action.
Leading significant positive environmental change through community based awareness and action.
The CEC is managed by a volunteer committee of management, overseeing six portfolio areas.
Rules of association
The current rules that govern the activities of CEC are here for your reference.
Committee of Management Responsibilities
As well as meeting its obligations under the Crown Land (Reserves) Act 1978, the committee is also bound by the laws that govern the wider community on matters such as employment, taxation, contracts, tenancy, licensing, and providing services.
The powers given under the Act enable the committee to:
- manage and develop the reserve
- undertake financial transactions, including borrowing money (with the Victorian Treasurer’s consent) and entering contracts
- enter tenure arrangements, such as leasing and licensing, for part or all of the reserve, subject to Minister’s approval
- employ people
- enforce regulations.
Here is a brochure detailing the CEC cec-brochure-trifold
You may view the contents of this website and save an electronic copy, download, or print all or part of this website for your own information, research or study. All other use requires written permission. Written permission, if given, will be subject to conditions that will include a requirement that the copyright owner's name, Cardinia Environment Coalition Inc, be acknowledged when the material is reproduced or quoted, either in whole or in part.
Cardinia Environment Coalition Inc is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. Usage statistics for the website are gathered as part of normal site maintenance, but these do not identify individuals using the site.
Cardinia Environment Coalition Inc has used his best efforts to ensure that the information is correct at the time of publication, but takes no responsibility for any error, omission or defect therein.
To the extent permitted by law, Cardinia Environment Coalition Inc, its employees, agents and consultants will not be held liable for any loss or damage (including indirect, special or consequential loss or damage) arising from the use of, or reliance on, the Information whether or not caused by any negligent act or omission. If any law prohibits the exclusion of such liability, Cardinia Environment Coalition Inc limits its liability to the extent permitted by law, to the re-supply of the Information.