The CEC has identified the need to protect public land for its biodiversity value as a priority action in achieving its vision. It has been appointed by the Department of Sustainability and Environment as the Committee of Management for significant areas of public land.
- 170 ha Beaconsfield Nature Conservation Reserve, formerly known as the Beaconsfield Reservoir, now Beaconsfield Nature Conservation Reserve (BNCR)
- Bandicoot Corner at Bayles, which is home to the nationally endangered Southern Brown Bandicoot
- Guys Hill, which is a large reserve along Cardinia Creek
- a reserve along Toomuc Creek and
- a parcel of land along Five Mile road in Koo Wee Rup.
The location of these areas can be found on the Biodiversity Interactive map, under Land administration, public land, click here
For further details, here is a management plan for all the public land areas Public-land Evaluation Report